Improve assignment navigation
I just had an interesting discussion with Daco about improving WebLabs navigation, to make it more intuitive.
The main idea is that there is just a tree of assignments, and when visiting a leaf (an actual assignment), one can open multiple views of that assignment. So you actual get one page for an assignment with tabs for:
- Edit submission (landing page for students)
- Submission Administration, which is now behind the dropdown + additional page
- View answer (when public), which is now behind the
- Edit assignment (for lecturers/managers), which is now accessible using button at left top
- Assignment information, which is now behind the
By having the
edit submission-view open by default, there is no intermediate click required which now causes confusion. Moreover, the different views of an assignment will all be accessible using tabs which are placed next to each other.
Also, the root of the breadcrumb should not start with the course, but with theSubmitted by Elmer van Chastelet on 19 February 2015 at 11:59
Me. So, when viewing a submission of different student, the root in the breadcrumb is different. Ideally, this root node in the breadcrumb becomes a dropdown, where managers/graders can switch to a different student.
Another concern: make it clear to student where they are in the course.
Another concern: it would be good for a student to visually identify where in the course they currently are.
Log in to post comments