Default set-up of a conference or workshop
Simple conferences and workshop have a standard set-up:
- one track (with name 'Research Papers')
- a call for contributions (with name 'Call for Papers')
- a track committee (with name 'Program Committee')
- a conference level committee called 'Organizing Committee'
- a conference level committee called 'Steering Committee'
On initialization do the following
Submitted by Eelco Visser on 7 May 2014 at 22:37
- add a placeholder text to the conference description, call for contributions
- add the call for contributions to the front-page layout (as only element)
- add a submission date and conference date to the call for contributions
- make someone the general chair, program chair, manager, and editor for the conference and the track
yes if workshops could please be setup like this then that would save some issues from initial beginnings.
For example the workshops seem like a bit of a mess at the moment. Some people have added PC and OC underneath the "edition" of the of the 2014 version, but not underneath a track. There are too many places where to enter content and it is not clear which parts appear on the pages of each workshop.
Log in to post comments