Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration (1)
Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.7.0:compile (execution: default-compile, phase: compile)
Eclipse: epp.package.java 18.104.22.16871218-0600Submitted on 13 February 2018 at 10:49
Spoofax: org.metaborg.spoofax.eclipse 2.4.1
System: Mac O
I’m pretty sure this is the same issue. I’m assuming that this was not fixed because the bug report was unclear.
Eclipse: org.eclipse.platform.ide 4.8.0.I20180611-0500
Spoofax: org.metaborg.spoofax.eclipse 2.5.1
System: Windows 10 amd64 10.0
Steps to reproduce:
- Download Eclipse for Windows, Unpack and Run
- Make settings changes recommended at the bottom of http://www.metaborg.org/en/latest/source/install.html
- Follow directions on creating Hello World language at http://www.metaborg.org/en/latest/source/langdev/start.html
- “File ‣ New ‣ Project”
- “select Spoofax ‣ Spoofax language project and press
- “As project name, choose
- “Keep the defaults for the other fields and press
- Build project (it automatically built for me)
Three errors are reported in the
- Line 1:
- Conflicting lifecycle mapping (plugin execution “org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.8.0:compile (execution: default-compile, phase: compile)”). To enable full functionality, remove the conflicting mapping and run Maven->Update Project Configuration.
- Line 13:
- Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.8.0:compile (execution: default-compile, phase: compile)
- Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: org.metaborg:spoofax-maven-plugin:2.5.1:compile (execution: default-compile, phase: compile)
I think this problem was fixed at some point, but came back again due to changes in Maven or Eclipse’s M2Eclipse plugin. At this point, I am unsure as to how to solve these problems.
The problem is mapping plugins/goals from Maven to Eclipse executions/jobs. Some of these mappings are built in, and more mappings can be defined in
pom.xmlfiles, as documented in http://www.eclipse.org/m2e/documentation/m2e-execution-not-covered.html#execute-plugin-goal. Our parent
pom.xmlfile includes this configuration: https://github.com/metaborg/spoofax-deploy/blob/spoofax-release/parent/pom.xml#L570-L655 for version 2.5.1 of Spoofax, which should prevent exactly those errors.
Log in to post comments