In mobl-templatelang, I find that often (not always) a clean build (after purging .cache, .spxcache, .spxindex, .shadowdir) fails until I’ve opened editor-common.generated.spx once.

The error is that the parse-file strategy is undefined, while it is clearly defined in editor-common.generated.spx. Never happened on any other file. After opening the file the error disappears and the project can be built.

(The mobl-templatelang project can be found here:

Submitted by Tobi Vollebregt on 7 March 2012 at 16:02

On 7 March 2012 at 16:02 Tobi Vollebregt tagged spoofaxlang

On 7 March 2012 at 18:23 Adil Akhter tagged @adil

On 9 March 2012 at 12:01 Tobi Vollebregt commented:

Unfortunately this still happens, in particular I got it a few times with spoofax-contrib/EntityTemplateLang.

Now I was able to capture the actual error message, it is:

—-FileName : entitytemplatelang-editorcommon.generated.spx
—-Errors ([(“parse-file”,“Strategy or rule ‘parse-file’ not defined”),(“strsglr-perror”,“Strategy or rule ‘strsglr-perror’ not defined”),(“strsglr-report-parse-error”,“Strategy or rule ‘strsglr-report-parse-error’ not defined”),(“parse-string”,“Strategy or rule ‘parse-string’ not defined”),(“strsglr-report-parse-error”,“Strategy or rule ‘strsglr-report-parse-error’ not defined”),(“parse-stream”,“Strategy or rule ‘parse-stream’ not defined”),(“strsglr-report-parse-error”,“Strategy or rule ‘strsglr-report-parse-error’ not defined”),(“libstratego-sglr”,“Failed to resolve ‘libstratego-sglr’.”),(“libstratego-gpp”,“Failed to resolve ‘libstratego-gpp’.”)],[(QName([“EntityTemplateLang”,“generated”]),“No definitions of Language Name in the Package. Hence, this package will be considered as a langauge library only.”),(“ast’”{2100},“Variable ‘ast’’ may be bound already”),(“ast''”{2102},“Variable ‘ast’'' may be bound already”),(“position’”{2104},“Variable ‘position’’ may be bound already”),(“t’”{2111},“Variable ‘t’’ may be bound already”),(“t’”{2115},“Variable ‘t’’ may be bound already”),(“i*”{2124},“Variable ‘i*’ may be bound already”),(“position”{2125},“Variable ‘position’ may be bound already”),(“position”{2126},“Variable ‘position’ may be bound already”),(“t’”{2133},“Variable ‘t’’ may be bound already”),(“t’”{2138},“Variable ‘t’’ may be bound already”),(“path”{2075},“Variable ‘path’ may be bound already”),(“cache-path”{2076},“Variable ‘cache-path’ may be bound already”),(“file”{2077},“Variable ‘file’ may be bound already”),(“file”{2078},“Variable ‘file’ may be bound already”),(“path”{2084},“Variable ‘path’ may be bound already”),(“project-path”{2087},“Variable ‘project-path’ may be bound already”),(“cache-dir”{2088},“Variable ‘cache-dir’ may be bound already”),(“full-path’”{2089},“Variable ‘full-path’’ may be bound already”),(“cache-path”{2090},“Variable ‘cache-path’ may be bound already”)],[])
Error during Compilation. Build Failed. Please fix the errors first.

On 12 March 2012 at 12:20 Adil Akhter commented:

Indeed! I can also reproduce this issue with the incremental build. However, it has already been fixed in the adil-thesis-demo branch. I need to merge the changes back to fix it in the trunk version.

Please use the ant target “build-clean” till I merge the changes back to the trunk.

On 8 January 2013 at 14:39 Eelco Visser tagged wontfix

On 8 January 2013 at 14:39 Eelco Visser closed this issue.

Log in to post comments