Assignment variants: for each student, pick random assignment from collection of variants
Feature request: (as discussed with @elmervc on dm): Support randomly assigning an assignment out of a collection of assignments to a student. Use the “1 out of n” grading scheme for the collection.Submitted by Elmer van Chastelet on 17 March 2020 at 09:22
Assignment variants are now implemented as sub-type of
Assignment Collectionand are called
Variants Collections. It has the behavior and settings of an ordinary collection with a few differences:
- The child assignments under a Variants Collection are treated as the variants
- There will be
n=1variant assigned to each student. In later stages, we can review whether we can make
nconfigurable. It is now always set to assign a single assignment to each student.
- For each student, it picks a random assignment from the pool of variants
- If a student already has a submission for some variant, the existing submission is chosen as picked variant.
- Distribution of assignment variants is controlled by
rand, i.e. there is no control.
pass-npass-criterium is non-configurable, it is set to pass all assigned variants
- Just like in ordinary collections, variants themselves can be collections or actual (leaf) assignments. Might be useful if you have multiple exams variants.
- Access control will check all parent assignments up to root for being a picked variant for the student who’s viewing an assignment, or, when viewing a submission by staff, check if the submission is in a valid variant path for the submission owner
- Students can only view assigned variants (and its subtree).
- Variants not picked are not shown in the numbered assignment index, collection overview, course dossier etc
- Course Staff can view all variants. When viewing a student’s submission for a variant, the collection view will only show the assigned variant
- Variant collections can be nested.
- Existing assignments can be moved into a Variants Collection
- No new persistent properties were added for this implementation. It uses function overriding for
Variants Collection Submissionto obtain, create and check the picked variant.
Log in to post comments