Built-in application management page
I was thinking, it would be nice to have a built-in management template (and page).
In this page, we might include information and control over various settings and tasks.
First things that came to my mind :
- Data model/store
- dbmode (info)
- Database size (info)
- Number of entities (info)
- Slowest queries (info)
- Option to download a database dump (facility)
- Index directory (info)
- Hibernate search statistics (existing template: showSearchStats) (info)
- Forced reindex of data (control, use with warning)
- Forced reindex of suggestions (info+control)
- Forced renewal of facet readers (info+control)
- SMTP host (info)
- Size of mail queue (info)
- Reset mail queue / remove queued mails (control)
- Recurring tasks
- Recurring task names and moment of last execution time (info)
- Disable/enable/force recurring tasks (control)
- View the latest log entries (requires some changes to the log apenders currently used) (info)
- Other project settings:
- appname (info)
- query optimization mode in use (info)
- sessiontimeout (info)
There’s probably a lot more we can put in here, feel free to extend the list.
Not only will it be useful for debugging, it will also raise awareness of some features a WebDSL user may be unfamiliar with.Submitted by Elmer van Chastelet on 1 December 2012 at 16:28
Having a default management page/template would be very nice. Other things we could show are database size, number of entities, slowest queries, option to download a database dump (useful for small apps at least). Taking application health monitoring a bit further, we could add information about more basic WebDSL elements, for example warn about slow pages/templates/actions/functions (such data is currently not collected).
Log in to post comments