Add notion of sessions
Yesterday during the telco with Craig, Andrew, Eelco and me, we came to the conclusion that we need to introduce the notion of sessions.
Sessions are timespans within a day. Different sessions typically have breaks in between them.
A single track can have one or multiple sessions.
Talks/presentations are modelled as events and multiple events can be assigned to a single session. Sessions are used to group multiple events that, ideally, share a similar topic.
Submitted by Elmer van Chastelet on 24 July 2014 at 10:45
- At the conference edition level:
- step 1 session slots are constructed.
- a session slot defines a start and end-time (e.g. 9.00-11.00), and eventually a room (the room can be assigned later).
- step 2 tracks within the conference edition and subconferences are assigned to the session slots
- At the track level:
- step 3 session slots that are assigned in step 2 can be bound to a session
- sessions can be created in the track manage page
- step 4 More fine grained event slots can be defined within each session slot. E.g. a session slot [9.00-11.00] can have 4 event slots
- step 5 events (e.g. talks) within the track are assigned to the event slots